Images

Images
"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." -Inception

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Favorite Sequences: Welcome to Jurassic Park!


Usually when one thinks of Jurassic Park, you think of the amazingly realistic T-Rex chasing the car or even the vicious raptors chasing the kids in the kitchen, but my favorite sequence from Jurassic Park is when we first lay eyes on the majestic creatures. I mentioned this before in the Hugo review, I love this scene because when I first read the book, this is exactly how I had pictured it . The reaction on the faces of Sam Neill and Laura Dern's characters Dr. Grant and Dr. Sattler respectively, both paleontologists, who have studied dinosaurs their whole lives could be similar to the audiences as well.  Jurassic Park raised the bar on the visual effects making the dinosaurs come alive onscreen as if they really did inhabit that world.  Even today, nearly 20 years later, those effects still hold up.  That is some accomplishment.  Even today, when I see that clip, I remember how I felt in the theater that summer in 1993, forgetting I was actually in a movie theater and thinking I entered into the forgotten world of dinosaurs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...