|(Photo: Enterntainment Weekly)|
- First Look from Entertainment Weekly on Gregory Fletcher's debut flick on teenage assassins, Violet & Daisy starring Alexis Bledel, Saoirse Ronan and James Gandolfini. If the director's name name sounds familiar, it's because Fletcher won the adapted screenplay Oscar in 2010 for Precious.
- EW also has some great news stills from Star Trek Into Darkness that I quickly skimmed through and tried to forget as I want to experience it all on May 17th. Take a look, the gang's all back!
- If you want to know how production's going on the new X-Men: Days of Future Past, follow Bryan Singer on Twitter who seems to tweeting lots of new pictures and info regarding the film.
- Post her Les Miserables success, Anne Hathaway is reportedly thisclose to joining Christopher Nolan's Interstellar. Nolan does have a habit of working with actors from his previous films so look for some familiar faces to pop up here soon.
- Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal) and Rebel Wilson (Pitch Perfect) are now part of the cast of Kung Fu Panda 3 which will also be directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson.
- And finally, it is with a heavy heart that I link to Roger Ebert's last review aptly for a film called To The Wonder. This review is Ebert at his best who asks all the right questions, he writes: Why must a film explain everything? Why must every motivation be spelled out? Aren't many films fundamentally the same film, with only the specifics changed? Aren't many of them telling the same story? Seeking perfection, we see what our dreams and hopes might look like. We realize they come as a gift through no power of our own, and if we lose them, isn't that almost worse than never having had them in the first place? This makes me want to experience Malick's To The Wonder even more. His website just got updated to a new look this week and contains a wealth of information for any movie fan to explore. Do check it out, you'll find yourself seeking out some of the great films he championed over the years.