|(Photo: New York Times)|
Some required reading this weekend:
- Great article in The New York Times on Ang Lee talking about the difficulties of making Life of Pi.
- Also from The New York Times, my old stomping grounds, Fort Lee (FYI, I graduated from Fort Lee High School) will celebrate Universal Studios' 100th anniversary. Not many people are aware of this but Fort Lee once aimed to be the East Coast Hollywood as Universal Studios first started their offices there in 1912.
- Many of you are aware of that Argo is based on a true life story. Here's the Wired magazine article that the film is based on, How the CIA Used a Fake Sci-Fi Flick to Rescue Americans from Tehran.
- This week, a new JK Rowling novel will release which have nothing to do with a young boy named Harry Potter. The Guardian has an exclusive interview with her about the new book, The Casual Vacancy.
- While we are at it, another profile of Jo from The New Yorker. Settle in for a long read!