Images

Images
"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." -Inception

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Things You Should Know about The Social Network


So, I watched The Social Network again. This time with the curse words in it.  And it was just as good as I remembered it.  Damn those dialogues.  I was never a West Wing fan so I'll compare it to another show with fast dialogues, Gilmore Girls.  Right, where was I? Watching the film again and seeing the making of made me aware of so many things I didn't know about this feature.  Here are a few that you too might find interesting.
  • Kevin Spacey (yes, I know! Even I was surprised.) is the executive producer on this.
  • The opening scene and the above picture took 99 takes to get just right.  
  • Armie Hammer and Josh Pence played both twins, Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, back and forth for each scene.  Josh Pence actually rowed at Dartmouth and high school.
  • I loved that they had multiple cameras on set to film the actors to film the fast paced dialogues and the actors reactions to them.  This is why it's so cleverly edited.  
  • Sean Parker, played by Justin Timberlake, actually had a custom made clothing by Armani.  
  • Both Max Mingella and especially Andrew Garfield spoke with American accents on set.  It was strange to see them speak with their British accents on the off-set camera interviews.
  • For the scene where Eduardo finally confronts Mark at the Facebook offices, Andrew Garfield broke over 15 different Apple laptops.  E-waste!
  • Harvard didn't really allow the crew filming permission for the movie and they were really upset about that since they wanted the film to look authentic.    
I highly recommend you watch the special features on The Social Network as it will give you more insight into how you go about about making a film about a website.  It's not as easy as they made it seem.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...