- Clint Eastwood, at 70, isn't resting on his laurels. His much anticipated Hoover biopic is already underproduction. Leonardo DiCaprio tweeted about J. Edgar starting shooting on February 5th and they have a new cast member, Josh Lucas, who will be playing Charles Lindbergh. Ed Westwick aka Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl also has a role of Agent Smith.
- But that's not his only production. Eastwood might possibly be directing Beyonce (!) in a remake of A Star is Born. I honestly thought this was a joke at first. Dirty Harry directing a musical? But it's completely legit. Let's give him a chance, right?
- Dark Horizons has some new details from producer Tim Johnson on the upcoming sequel for How to Train Your Dragon and the TV series spin-off. This means awesome adventures ahead for Hiccup and Toothless.
- Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) is actually thinking of filming The Great Gatsby in 3D! The horror!! This is a very bad idea, very very bad idea.
- Bond is back! Don't count out James Bond out of the movie business yet. The 23rd Bond flick is set to release on November 9th, 2012. Sam Mendes is attached to direct. The film could potentially be called "Red Sky at Night" and word is that, Rachel Weisz has been offered a role.
- Mike White exits Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as director. Despite another setback, I am still stoked for this project to get off the ground. Please Universe, we need for this movie to find its director along with Elizabeth Bennett and Darcy.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Weekly News Roundup: Clint Eastwood is a busy man and the return of James Bond!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment