Images

Images
"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." -Inception

Thursday, September 12, 2013

JK Rowling and Warner Bros. Team Up for More Movies

This is unexpected news but still thoroughly delightful.  A mere two years after the last Harry Potter film, we fans mourned the end of an era.  We consoled ourselves with the possibility of 'that Scottish book', a rumored Harry Potter encyclopaedia that would reveal all.  Meanwhile, JK Rowling went on to write other novels, last year's A Casual Vacancy and a secret crime novel, The Cuckoo's Calling, published under a pseudonym Robert Galbraith.

Today, Warner Bros. and JK Rowling announced they were teaming up again to bring more movies set in the wizarding world.  This time, JK Rowling is turning screenwriter for the first film based on one of the school books written for charity relief, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. 


Here's what Rowling had to say:

“It all started when Warner Bros. came to me with the suggestion of turning Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them into a film. I thought it was a fun idea, but the idea of seeing Newt Scamander, the supposed author of Fantastic Beasts, realized by another writer was difficult. Having lived for so long in my fictional universe, I feel very protective of it and I already knew a lot about Newt. As hard-core Harry Potter fans will know, I liked him so much that I even married his grandson, Rolf, to one of my favourite characters from the Harry Potter series, Luna Lovegood. As I considered Warners’ proposal, an idea took shape that I couldn’t dislodge. That is how I ended up pitching my own idea for a film to Warner Bros. Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for 17 years, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world. The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt’s story will start in New York, 70 years before Harry’s gets underway. I particularly want to thank Kevin Tsujihara of Warner Bros. for his support in this project, which would not have happened without him. I always said that I would only revisit the wizarding world if I had an idea that I was really excited about and this is it.”
 Just think of the possibilities... And now we await for further casting and release details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...